**Disclaimer: The Chamber Chat is a courtesy service. Our goal is to be short and readable with pass-along information and reminders requested from members. This service is being provided in lieu of forwarding e-mails directly to you. Thank you for reading our chat!
People's Choice- Best of the
TASTE OF OURAY COUNTY WINNERS
BEST MAIN DISH ~ BON TON RESTAURANT (37 votes)
Runner Up ~ Outlaw (27 votes)
Runner Up ~ Silver Nugget (18 votes)
BEST APPETIZER ~ COACHLIGHT (21 votes)
Runner Up ~ The Saloon (17 votes)
Runner Up ~ Outlaw (13 votes)
BEST DESSERT ~ THE SALOON @ THE HISTORIC WESTERN HOTEL (36 votes)
Runner up ~ Red Mountain Inn (35 votes)
Runner Up ~ Coachlight (24 votes)
We also must mention the Silver Nugget for getting the most improved comments
& recognition as a new upcoming star!
Thanks to all of the volunteers and support for this wonderful event!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Feature: Call For Entry!
- Jeep Road report from the Forest Service
- Jeep Scholarship awarded to Benjamin Anderson!
- Railroad Museum Restoration Week- Volunteers to work w. restoration experts!
- Business Roundtable – Everything Ride the Rockies,
Answers to All Your Questions, June 8th
- BAH- Wilderflower Botique & Khristopher's Culinaire, June 9th
- Ride the Rockies is HERE, June 15th
- Links to members
- Updated OCRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS contact list
See the attached document for details!
For an updated and online CALENDER OF EVENTS,
check out www.ouraycolorado.com
Feature: Feature: Call for Entry!
June 1-24 Photography entries accepted for San Juan Memories juried photography exhibit at the Ouray County Historical Museum (OCHS). Prizes awarded for First ($75), Second ($50) and Third ($25) places plus a People's Choice Award ($25). Interested applicants may submit no more than 3 entries; $5 per photo entry fee; ribbon winners from the past may not submit any previous prize-winning photo, all entries must be framed and received at the OCHS museum at the top of 6th Ave in Ouray by June 24. For more information call 325-4576, or go online to ouraycountyhistoricalsociety.org.
Below info has been provided on behalf of the USFS, Ouray Trail Group, Switzerland of America and the Visitors Center Staff. Updated May 24th.
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ROADS
Blue Lakes Trailhead (CR 7)
County Road 9 (Box Factory)
Red Mountain Town (CR 31)
Yankee Boy Basin
Jeep Ticket Sales have started, May 7th
This year the jeep scholarship was awarded to Mr. Benjamin Anderson! Benjamin will be attending the University of Colorado School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. He is the son of Lincoln and Heather Anderson of Ouray.
Please remember- Jeep ticket sales pay for 100%
4th of July and New Years fireworks,
$1000 student scholarship
NEW 2010 JEEP
Thank you all for your continued support!
Railroad Restoration Week
Ridgway Railroad Museum's annual Railroad Restoration Week will be held June 7 – 11 this year. Local railroad history enthusiasts will join with several railfans from around the nation to work on the museum's collection of railcars and buildings. "We always need help with our preservation mission," said museum president Karl Schaeffer, "and anyone wishing to join us during this work week will be welcome. We'll be continuing our restoration of RGS Galloping Goose 4, painting the caboose, and doing detail painting on RGS Motor 1, the outbuilding and main museum building, among other tasks. The more helpers we have, the more we can accomplish. In past years we have completed a phenomenal amount of work in these one-week sessions – for example, one year we completely replaced all of the exterior wood on the caboose, put on a new roof, and painted it, all in one week. The museum provides most of the tools and lunch each day, so all the workers need to bring is enthusiasm."
Although walk-ins are welcome, anyone planning to help should contact Schaeffer at 626-4373 for planning purposes.
Wed. June 9- Business RoundTable – Everything Ride the Rockies
Answers to all your important questions about the event and planning for next seasons BRT meetings. Ouray Community Center, 8am – 9:30am.
Wed. June 9- Business After Hours- Wildflower Boutique and Khristopher's Culinaire Join Dee and Khris for a special summer evening Business After Hours- lighting up Ouary's very own LoDo. 325-4089 for more information.
Requested links for the chamber chat:
· City of Ouray: (view City Council Agendas prior to the meetings)
· Jeep road condition updates: http://soajeep.com/custom1.shtml
· Newspapers: Ouray Plaindealer and Ridgway Sun - www.ouraynews.com;
· Ouray County Watch- www.watchnewspapers.com
· Ouray Chamber Resort Association (OCRA) – www.ouraycolorado.com
· Ouray County Performing Arts Guild (OCPAG) – www.ocpag.org
· Ouray County Arts Association (OOAA) – www.ourayarts.org
· Ouray County Historical Society: www.ouraycountyhistoricalsociety.org
· Ouray Ice Park: http://www.ourayicepark.com
· Ouray Trail Group - www.ouraytrails.org
· Painting Marmot Art Supply and Art School www.paintingmarmotart.com
· Rays Good Stuff, jerky, jellies and more http://raysgoodstuff.com
· San Juan Mountain Guides: New Classes www.ourayclimbing.com/
· Weehawken Creative Arts (WCA) – www.weehawkenarts.org
· Ouray Beautification Committee: Committee meetings - monthly, the second Wednesday, beginning at 3:30 PM in the Community Center's San Juan Room.