OCRA Chamber Chat
February 24, 2010
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Wine Tasting- Backstreet Bagel and Mountain View Winery
- Full Moon Cross Country Ski & Soak
- CHILI COOKOFF
- Business After Hours- Morning Song B&B
- "Ouray County's Got Talent"
- StoneCircle Celtic Band
- AND MORE….. What to plan for the rest of winter and early spring?
- Links to members
- OCRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Feature and other notices:
OURAY COUNTY CHORUS, under the direction of Andre Wilkins. Rehearsals TUESDAYS, 7– 8:30pm at Ridgway's Church of the San Juans. Spring theme: land, environment and Americana; concert May 14th. All singers welcome. For Information – call Jim 626-4239.
Feb 27 - Wine Tasting at Backstreet Bagel
with Mountain View Winery - 7-9pm
Wine and delicious appetizers! $20 Call 325-0550 for more information.
Feb 27- Full Moon Cross Country Ski & Soak If interested, meet at City Hall 7 p.m. to ski and then soak in the Ouray Hot Springs Pool 9-10pm.
March 6- Free Fly Tying Class- Rigs Fly Shop- Topic: Tying a better parachute Dry Fly. With guide and commercial fly tier Matt McCannel. 3:00pm- 5pm
SAT, MARCH 6 - CHILI COOKOFF at Ouray Elks lodge. Open to the public, 7 regular classes, 3 commercial classes, no entry fee. Sample the area's best dishes, judging by the public, $10 adults, $5 ages 5 – 10, $25 family. Bring entries 4:30, dinner at 5:30, Karaoke after. 626-4239 for more information.
March 10- Business After Hours-
Morning Song B&B 5:30-7:30, 316 6th Ave Ouray
March 13 – "Ouray County's Got Talent!" - Ouray Community Center - Fundraiser for WISE Scholarships
March 20- Free Fly Tying Class- Rigs Fly Shop- Topic Tying a better parachute Dry Fly. With guide and commercial fly tier Matt McCannel. 3:00pm- 5pm
March 20 - Stone Circle - Celtic Music – 8:00-9:30 pm. Wright Opera House. Tickets: $15 This is a benefit for Friends of the Wright.
April 7- Business After Hours-
Ouray Family Medicine
1st Anniversary, 325-9900, 824 Main St. , <email@example.com
April 17 – Trace Bundy, Guitarist – Wright Opera House, sponsored by Ouray County Performing Arts Guild Concert
April 25 – Montrose Community Band Spring Concert – Benefit concert for Friends of the Wright Opera House
May 7 – Valley Youth Orchestra Concert – Wright Opera House.
May 7-9 – Varooms and Balloons Festival – Ridgway, various locations
May 12- Business After Hours-
Blue Pear: 5:30 – 7:30, 450 Main St, Ouray , 325-0450, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
August 7th-8th, 2010: 26th ANNUAL RIDGWAY ARTS & CRAFTS RENDEZVOUS - Don't miss the 2010 Ridgway Arts & Crafts Rendezvous, Ridgway Town Park
Ridgway is located at the junction of Highways 550 and 62, in SW Colorado, Gateway to the San Juan Mountains.
Montrose, Ouray and Telluride are just a few miles from Ridgway. We are an important town on the San Juan Scenic Highway, the most beautiful and popular tourist route in Colorado. We offer artists and patrons a well organized, quality show. We are known for one of the most picturesque locations for booth set-up and for shoppers in our spacious town park and for successful sales for our vendors. The Rendezvous is a juried show with a commitment to quality. We market our show extensively in the region and the state and many patrons plan to attend the show a year ahead of time.
The organizers offer live musical entertainment all day both days of the show and several attractions are geared specifically to children. The event is fun for
the whole family and there is no admission charge. Our show is based on ALTITUDE (Ridgway is 6,987 ft in elevation with cool, clean air) and
ATTITUDE (we treat our vendors and patrons right!). We hope to see you this summer. If you are a vendor and would like to apply for booth space, please call (970) 318-0150 or visit Weehawken.org for an entry form.
Ride The Rockies (RTR) to Celebrate 25 yrs with an overnight stay in Ouray on JUNE 15, 2010! RTR
is one of Colorado's premier cycling events. Join 2,000 cyclists and embark on a fully supported, seven-day trek through some of the state's finest mountain communities. The 25th anniversary tour will include seven impressive climbs and fun at every turn. Lottery applications will be accepted beginning February 7th. All riders accepted will have their room reservations booked by Alpine Cyclists Connection based out of Ridgway. RTR will offer one large scholarship to a local non-profit! Details coming soon! The Denver Post, 101 W. Colfax, Denver, CO 80202, (303) 954-6700
For more information: www.ridetherockies.com
Requested links for the chamber chat:
- City of Ouray: (view City Council Agendas prior to the meetings) www.cityofouray.com
- Jeep road condition updates: http://soajeep.com/custom1.shtml
- Newspapers: Ouray Plaindealer and Ridgway Sun - www.ouraynews.com;
- Ouray County Watch- www.watchnewspapers.com
- Ouray Chamber Resort Association (OCRA) – www.ouraycolorado.com
- Ouray County Performing Arts Guild (OCPAG) – www.ocpag.org
- Ouray County Arts Association (OOAA) – www.ourayarts.org
- Ouray County Historical Society: www.ouraycountyhistoricalsociety.org
- Ouray Ice Park: http://www.ourayicepark.com
- Ouray Trail Group - www.ouraytrails.org
- Painting Marmot Art Supply and Art School www.paintingmarmotart.com
- Rays Good Stuff, jerky, jellies and more. The perfect gift! http://raysgoodstuff.com
- San Juan Mountain Guides: New Classes www.ourayclimbing.com/
- Weehawken Creative Arts (WCA) – www.weehawkenarts.org
- Yankee Boy Conservation Association: http://www.yankeeboy.org
- Ouray Beautification Committee: Committee meetings - monthly, the second Wednesday, beginning at 3:30 PM in the Community Center's San Juan Room.
Disclaimer: The Chamber Chat is a courtesy service. Our goal is to be short and readable with pass-along information and reminders. This service is being provided in lieu of forwarding e-mails directly to you. Thank you for reading our chat!